Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Statistic
Assigns an DBMS client for the connection.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|Connection||The connection reference number gained with SQL.NewConnection.||$Connection|
|Client||The name of the database client to use.||"SQLite"|
Returns "OK" on success.
DescriptionAssigns an DBMS client for the connection.
You can set a client in Connect method, in this case you don't need to use setClient method. The main destination of this method is to connect to a server with no connection to a database (for example, to check a client availability and version). But if you are calling Connect method with no specified client you have to use setClient method before.
If you are calling setClient method when the connection is set to another client the previous connection will be disconnected and new client will be set.
Pass one of this values: CubeSQL, SQLAnywhere, ODBC, Oracle, SQLServer, Firebird, InterBase, SQLBase, DB2, Informix, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite. Connect to Microsoft Access, FileMaker Server (or Pro), Microsoft Visual FoxPro and others via ODBC.
Be aware that for most database servers, you need to specify client library with SQL.SetConnectionOption first.
You don't need SQL.SetClient when you pass client to SQL.Connect and you should call SQL.SetConnectionOption before those.
Sets client to be SQLite:
Sets client to be Oracle:
- SQL to other databases/Firebird Query
- SQL to other databases/Microsoft Access Execute
- SQL to other databases/Microsoft SQL Execute
- SQL to other databases/Microsoft SQL Server Query
- SQL to other databases/MySQL example
- SQL to other databases/MySQL Query
- SQL to other databases/ODBC Query
- SQL to other databases/ODBC to FIleMaker/ODBC Test
- SQL to other databases/SQL Export
- Third Party/FileMaker Snippet Storage
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 4th June 2020
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS FileMaker Plugins