|Examples||Mac & Win||Server||Client||Guides||Statistic||FMM||Blog||Deprecated||Old|
Initialize a new SAConnection object and returns Connection Reference.
|SQL||2.6||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|ID||The ID to use instead of default one.
Must be unique. If none is provided, the plugin will create one.
An error or a connection reference number.
DescriptionInitialize a new SAConnection object and returns Connection Reference.
The Connection represents a database connection. You must have a connection before you can operate on the database - furthermore the connection needs to be connected. It is important to note that connection objects are not connected during construction - it is up to the user to explicitly call Connect method for the object after it is created and before it is used. Once connected, a connection object is normally shared by the other objects that require a connection (e.g. commands).
Use SQL.FreeConnection to release connection after you finished.
SQL connection reference numbers are starting at 22000 and counting up for each new connection.
Create new connection
Connect to MySQL and run a query:
- SQL to other databases/Firebird Query
- SQL to other databases/Microsoft Access Execute
- SQL to other databases/Microsoft SQL Server Connect
- SQL to other databases/MySQL example
- SQL to other databases/MySQL Query
- SQL to other databases/ODBC Query
- SQL to other databases/ODBC to FIleMaker/ODBC Test
- SQL to other databases/PostgreSQL Query
- SQL to other databases/SQLite blob
- Third Party/FileMaker Snippet Storage
- Moving data from ODBC to FileMaker via script
- Transactions with SQL functions
- Connect to an external database server in FileMaker
- Using TLS when connecting to MySQL server
- MBS FileMaker Plugin IDs
- Tip of the day: Connect to MySQL and run a query
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 6.4pr7
- Connecting to Microsoft Visual FoxPro
This function checks for a license.
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 10th January 2020