Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Deprecated Guides Examples Videos
New in version: 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Statistic
Sets the current progress value.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|value||New value. Range from 0 to 100 for a normal progress bar or negative value for indeterminated progress bar.||50|
Returns "OK" on success.
DescriptionSets the current progress value.
Depending on your range, you need to multiply/divide to get into range from 0 to 100. Typically you can simply do math like this: $index * 100 / $total. That calculates the percentage of files processed if you have $total files and current file index is $index.
If you process more than 100 items, please consider only updating progress if you actually moved forward 1%. You can do this by keeping variable with last progress you set and update only if new progress value is bigger.
Please do not call this function more than one time per second to avoid the progress window redraw to slow down your process.
Set progress bar to indeterminate while preparing operations:
Set later progress bar to current value:
Update only when changed by one percent:
- CURL/Amazon S3 Upload File
- CURL/CURL Download with Progress
- CURL/Email/Batch Emailer
- CURL/FTP/CURL FTP Upload from file with Progress
- DynaPDF/Scan with WIA to PDF
- Mac and iOS/Addressbook/Addressbook
- Mac only/MetaDataQuery/Search Applications
- WebViewer/WebKit 1.x only/WebViewer Download Delegate for Mac with Custom Webviewer
- WebViewer/WebKit 1.x only/WebViewer Download Delegate for Mac
- XML/XML Import
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 17th January 2016
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS Xojo Chart Plugins