Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 8.4 8.5 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 10.0 10.1 Statistic
Creates a new drop area on the given window covering the area of the given control.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|WindowRef||Window Reference is the unique OS level window ID. You can obtain this by using the Window.FindByTitle or Window.FindByIndex functions. Pass zero to access the frontmost window.||0|
|ControlName||The name of the control on your FileMaker form. For example "mymedia" if you assign this name to a rectangle.||"mymedia"|
A delta to move drop area more to left or right.
A delta to move drop area more to top or bottom.
Returns Drop Area ID on success.
DescriptionCreates a new drop area on the given window covering the area of the given control.
Use DragDrop.Release later to destroy the drop area.
If you use a register on the window, be aware that the drop area actually is in front of the register. So you need to check in the script which register page is current and should get the dropped files.
Drag & Drop reference numbers are starting at 31000 and counting up for each new drop area.
Added Windows support for MBS Plugin 8.1 for FileMaker 16 or newer.
When creating on a card window, please pass reference to parent window or just 0 for front window. On MacOS you may need to pass delta y value to adjust position.
If you create a control on a new window, you may do window update command in your script first to have FileMaker actually build the window with controls and display it. A short script pause or using FM.RunScriptLater with 0.1 delay can help having all controls draw themselves. Then you can use this command to put our control on top. We use GetControl() to query left, top, width and height and this gives empty value if control is not yet here.
Creates a new drop area:
- Drag and Drop/DragTest
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest Email
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest File
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest Image
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest Text
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest URL
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/Image drag from one database to other/Image drop
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/Text drag from one database to other/Text drag
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/Text drag from one database to other/Text drop
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 9.6pr2
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 9.2pr1
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 8.3pr2
- MBS Filemaker Plugin, version 4.3pr2
- Version 10.0
- Version 9.2
- Adjusted offsets for DragDrop.CreateWithControl to position on top of control better.
- Version 8.3
- Fixed DragDrop.CreateWithControl for FileMaker 17.
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 25th December 2019
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos