Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 7.3 7.4 7.5 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Statistic
Defines what file types should be accepted for drag and drop for this window.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|droparea||The reference ID for this drop area. Use functions like DragDrop.CreateWithControl to create a drop area.||$dropHandle|
|Types||The types you want to accept for the window. This can be Cocoa native type specifications or some special types: "images" for all image types, "movies" for movie types, "file" for files, "URL" for URLs, "Email" for emails and "text" for text. If you use more than one type, separate them with comma.||"images"|
Returns "OK" on success.
DescriptionDefines what file types should be accepted for drag and drop for this window.
Call this function for each window where you want to define drag types. As FileMaker defines some types by itself, you don't need to call this method for every type.
Version 2.7 adds "Emails" as type. You can receive Email drops from Apple Mail this way. The functions DragDrop.GetEmailCount, DragDrop.GetEmailID, DragDrop.GetEmailMailbox, DragDrop.GetEmailAccount and DragDrop.GetEmailSubject give you the details on received emails. GetURL gives URL of email if you received only one.
Registers for file drop for the current window:
Create with control:
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/DragTest File
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Image drag from one database to other/Image drop
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/DragTest URL
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/DragTest Text
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Text drag from one database to other/Text drag
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/DragTest Image
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/DragTest multiple picture files
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/DragTest Email
- Mac and iOS/Machine Learning/Core ML Photos
- Win Only/DragTest Windows
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 8th February 2018
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS Xojo Plugins