Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 7.5 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 9.0 9.1 9.2 Statistic
Defines what file types should be accepted for drag and drop for this window.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|droparea||The reference ID for this drop area. Use functions like DragDrop.CreateWithControl to create a drop area.||$dropHandle|
|Types||The types you want to accept for the window.
This can be Cocoa native type specifications or some special types: "images" for all image types, "movies" for movie types, "file" for files, "URL" for URLs, "Email" for emails and "text" for text. If you use more than one type, separate them with comma.
Returns "OK" on success.
DescriptionDefines what file types should be accepted for drag and drop for this window.
Call this function for each window where you want to define drag types. As FileMaker defines some types by itself, you don't need to call this method for every type.
Version 2.7 adds "Emails" as type. You can receive Email drops from Apple Mail this way. The functions DragDrop.GetEmailCount, DragDrop.GetEmailID, DragDrop.GetEmailMailbox, DragDrop.GetEmailAccount and DragDrop.GetEmailSubject give you the details on received emails. GetURL gives URL of email if you received only one.
For Version 9.2 or newer you can pass RTF and HTML for the types.
Registers for file drop for the current window:
Create with control:
- Mac and iOS/Machine Learning/Core ML Photos
- Drag and Drop/DragTest Popover
- Drag and Drop/DragTest
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest URL
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest Text
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/Text drag from one database to other/Text drag
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/Text drag from one database to other/Text drop
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest Image
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest multiple picture files
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/DragTest Email
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 13th March 2019
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins