Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Deprecated Guides Examples Videos
New in version: 9.4 9.5 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 11.0 11.1 Statistic FMM Blog
Renames a file or folder without user interface.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Server||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|Files||2.8||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Path||The native path to the file or folder to be renamed.||"/Users/John/Desktop/test.txt"|
|NewName||The new name.||"testfile.txt"|
Returns OK or error message.
DescriptionRenames a file or folder without user interface.
Path must be valid and exist.
This function requires a native path. Use Path.FileMakerPathToNativePath to convert a FileMaker path to a native path if required. If you like to have the user choose the path, you can use FileDialog functions.
For Server be aware that server has limited permissions and may not be able to access all files on a computer.
Rename file on Windows with full path:
Rename file on OS X:
Rename on Windows:
- FileMaker 18 File Script Steps vs. BinaryFile functions
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 8.2pr4
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 8.2pr3
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 7.4pr2
- MBS Filemaker Plugin, version 2.8pr8
- Version 8.2
- Version 7.4
- Changed Files.RenameFile to accept only file name as second parameter instead of file path for Windows. That was inconsistent to the Mac behavior where the name was enough.
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 5th August 2017
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos