Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Deprecated Guides Examples Videos
New in version: 11.4 11.5 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 13.0 13.1 Statistic FMM Blog
End a CURL session.
|CURL||2.5||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
$curl) /* The CURL session handle. */ Less
(old name: CURL.Cleanup)
|curl||The CURL session handle.||$curl|
Returns "OK" on success or error on failure.
DescriptionEnd a CURL session.
This function must be the last function to call for a CURL session. It is the opposite of the CURL.New function and must be called with the same handle as input that the CURL.New call returned.
This will effectively close all connections this handle has used and possibly has kept open until now. Don't call this function if you intend to transfer more files.
Any uses of the handle after this function has been called and have returned, are illegal. This kills the handle and all memory associated with it!
Please don't try to close a running transfer.
Used to be named CURL.Cleanup, but we changed named to CURL.Release in version 10.2.
# for every New call
$curl = MBS( "CURL.New")
# work with $curl
# you need a release call on the end
MBS( "CURL.Release"; $curl )
Download URL to temp file:
Set Variable [$curl; Value:MBS("CURL.New")]
#this is URL to download
Set Variable [$url; Value:"https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.com/filemaker/test.txt"]
#get file name from URL
Set Variable [$name; Value:MBS( "Path.LastPathComponent"; $URL )]
#now make temp file path
Set Variable [$path; Value:MBS( "Path.AddPathComponent"; MBS( "Folders.SystemTemporary" ); $name )]
#set URL to download
Set Variable [$r; Value:MBS("CURL.SetOptionURL"; $curl; $url)]
#open destination file
Set Variable [$r; Value:MBS("CURL.CreateOutputFile"; $curl; $path)]
Set Field [CURL Test::Result; MBS("CURL.Perform"; $curl)]
#close destination file
Set Variable [$r; Value:MBS("CURL.CloseOutputFile"; $curl)]
#get debug messages
Set Field [CURL Test::debug; MBS("CURL.GetDebugMessages"; $curl)]
Set Variable [$result; Value:MBS("CURL.Release"; $curl)]
- Version 10.2
- Added CURL.Release and CURL.ReleaseAll functions. Marked CURL.Cleanup as deprecated.
- CURL/Batch Download
- CURL/CURL Custom Function
- CURL/CURL Download Picture with Info
- CURL/CURL Download Text with Textencoding
- CURL/CURL Download to Container
- CURL/CURL get and put/CURLS get and put
- CURL/Email/IMAP Email List
- CURL/Email/IMAP Email
- CURL/Email/List IMAP folders
- WebHook/Trigger script with Webhook/Trigger script with Webhook
- SFTP Upload with temporary file
- CURL Custom Function
- Trigger Scripts via WebHook
- SMTP with OAuth for Office 365 in FileMaker
- Sending email with a huge custom function
- Use Inline Graphics in Emails
- Translating Insert from URL options for CURL to MBS Plugin calls
- Socket changes for MBS FileMaker Plugin
- Using Apple's Global Service Exchange web service in FileMaker
- Let CURL handle cookie list
This function checks for a paid license.
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 19th April 2020