Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Deprecated Guides Examples Videos
New in version: 10.5 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 12.0 12.1 12.2 Statistic FMM Blog
Queries list of paths in folder.
|Files||4.1||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||Paid|
|Path||Native path to the directory.||"C:\Test\"|
|filter||Optional, limits what is returned. Default is 0 to report all files. Pass a combination of 1 for showing only files, 2 for showing only directories and 4 for showing only visible files. Add 16 to include package file content on Mac. Add 32 to treat packages as files.
In v7.3 you can add 64 to not list content of invisible directories.
|Timeout||the timeout in seconds. Default is 5.||5.0||Optional|
Returns list of files separated by return.
DescriptionQueries list of paths in folder.
This function is recursive and will look in all subfolders. Due to very large file systems you can pass a timeout. Default is 5 seconds. FileMaker will not respond to user input while the query runs.
The list of names is separated by new line character.
This function needs a native path. Please use Path.FileMakerPathToNativePath function in order to convert a FileMaker style path to a native path.
You can decide on Mac on whether files inside a package (e.g. application) are listed or not. By default we ignore those files, but you can include package content with adding 16 to the filter parameter.
See also Files.List.
If input path ends with / on Windows, we use slash for adding path components in v8.4 or newer. Otherwise we use the default on Windows, which is a backslash.
You can filter by file extensions when doing the list and then filter with List.MatchesPostfix function.
Queries files in download folder on Mac:
Queries visible files in my user folder, limit for 10 seconds:
List only visible files in visible directories:
- Version 8.4
- Changed Files.ListRecursive to use either / or \ for path delimiter on Windows.
- Version 7.3
- Added new flag for Files.ListRecursive to ignore invisible folders and better check for hidden elements.
- Version 7.1
- Improved error handling for Files.ListRecursive.
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 10.5pr7
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 8.4pr10
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 7.3pr2
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 7.1pr4
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 6.4pr4
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 6.2pr9
- MBS FileMaker Plugin 4.1 for OS X/Windows - More than 2400 Functions In One Plugin
- MBS Filemaker Plugin, version 4.1pr5
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 16th February 2021
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.