Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 7.5 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 9.0 9.1 9.2 Statistic
Binds the socket to the port and starts listening.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|SocketID||The socket ID received by Socket.Connect function.||$sock|
|Port||The port number to listen at.||8000|
Available in MBS FileMaker Plugin 9.1 or newer.
The back log for connection.
How many pending connections can be accepted on this socket. Once you call Socket.AcceptNewConnection, an entry is removed here.
Default is 3.
Returns OK or error message.
DescriptionBinds the socket to the port and starts listening.
For UDP Socket, the socket starts receiving packets.
For TCP Socket, the socket can accept connections which causes a script to be called. You set the script name with Socket.SetNewConnectionHandler. In the script you call Socket.AcceptNewConnection to get a new socket for the new connection.
Be aware that FileMaker Server does not allow the plugin to operate if no script is running. So if you use sockets there, make sure a script is running or paused while you expect an answer coming in.
Listen to a given Port:
Create TCP Socket listening on a port:
- Network/Socket Test/Socket Test
- Network/UDP/UDP Receiver
- Network/UDP/UDP Broadcast
- Network/TCP Send and Receive persistent connection/TCP Receiver persistent connection
- Network/TCP Send and Receive/TCP Receiver
- Network/HTTP Server hosted
- Network/HTTP Server local
- Neues MBS FileMaker Plugin 9.1
- MBS FileMaker Plugin 9.1 - More than 5700 Functions In One Plugin
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 9.1pr6
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 4th March 2019
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS Xojo tutorial videos