Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server (Not) Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Statistic
Stores a named variable that can be retrieved later using FM.VariableGet.
|Name||the name of the variable|
|Value||the value to assign to the variable|
DescriptionStores a named variable that can be retrieved later using FM.VariableGet.
Unlike the variables that were introduced in FileMaker 8 these variables are not limited to the File or Script. In other words they can be retrieved from any file in the system regardless of where they were declared. All values are stored in their native data types (up to version 4.4 only text). You will need to convert them to the desired type when you want use them with comparison or math operators.
Use FM.VariableClear to clear the variable.
See also FM.VariableClear, FM.VariableExists, FM.VariableGet, FM.VariableList, FM.VariableReset.
Set a variable
- CURL/WebViewer Download Images with CURL.shtml
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Image drag from one database to other/Image drag.shtml
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Text drag from one database to other/Text drag.shtml
- Third Party/FileMaker Snippet Storage.shtml
- Utility functions/Global Variables.shtml
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS FileMaker blog