Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server (Not) Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 6.5 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 8.0 8.1 8.2 Statistic
Stores a named variable that can be retrieved later using FM.VariableGet.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|Name||the name of the variable|
|Value||the value to assign to the variable|
DescriptionStores a named variable that can be retrieved later using FM.VariableGet.
Unlike the variables that were introduced in FileMaker 8 these variables are not limited to the File or Script. In other words they can be retrieved from any file in the system regardless of where they were declared. All values are stored in their native data types (up to version 4.4 only text).
Use FM.VariableClear to clear the variables or FM.VariableClearAll to clear them all. FM.VariableList returns list of all defined variables.
Set a variable
- CURL/WebViewer Download Images with CURL
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Image drag from one database to other/Image drag
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Text drag from one database to other/Text drag
- Third Party/FileMaker Snippet Storage
- Utility functions/Global Variables
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS FileMaker Plugins