Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Statistic
Retrieves the value of named variable that was declared using FM.VariableSet.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|Name||The Name of the variable|
DescriptionRetrieves the value of named variable that was declared using FM.VariableSet.
Unlike the variables that were introduced in FileMaker 8 these variables are not limited to the File or Script. In other words they can be retrieved from any file in the system regardless of where they were declared.
You can check with FM.VariableExists whether a variable exists.
Retrieve a variable
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Image drag from one database to other/Image drop
- Mac only/Drag and Drop/Text drag from one database to other/Text drop
- Utility functions/Global Variables
- CURL/WebViewer Download Images with CURL
- Third Party/FileMaker Snippet Storage
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 21st June 2017
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS Xojo blog