|Examples||Mac & Win||Server||Client||Guides||Statistic||FMM||Blog||Deprecated||Old|
Retrieves the value of named variable that was declared using FM.VariableSet.
|FM Variables||1.2||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Name||The Name of the variable|
DescriptionRetrieves the value of named variable that was declared using FM.VariableSet.
Unlike the variables that were introduced in FileMaker 8 these variables are not limited to the File or Script. In other words they can be retrieved from any file in the system regardless of where they were declared.
You can check with FM.VariableExists whether a variable exists.
Returns an error if variable doesn't exist. Use FM.VariableLookup to lookup without getting an error if the variable doesn't exist.
Retrieve a variable
- CURL/WebViewer Download Images with CURL
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/Image drag from one database to other/Image drop
- Drag and Drop/for Mac/Text drag from one database to other/Text drop
- SmartCard/Belgian EID Reader
- Third Party/FileMaker Snippet Storage
- Utility functions/Global Variables
- Window/Window Activation Trigger
- Window Activation Trigger
- New functions of the MBS Plugin Version 9.5
- Data structures in FileMaker with MBS Plugins
- The power of global variables
This function checks for a license.
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 2nd June 2022