|Mac & Win
Performs a data design report automatically.
(old name: FM.RunDataDesignReport)
|Pass 1 to use XML or 0 to use HTML for the report.
|The path where to save for MacOS.
If you don't specify a path, the last one used in the dialogs will be used.
No longer used on MacOS Mojave/Catalina due to raised security by Apple which prevents us changing the dialog.
|Whether to open file when done.
Pass 1 to open file after creating DDR or 0 to not open.
Default is 0.
|Available in MBS FileMaker Plugin 9.4 or newer.
The list of filenames to set checkmarks for.
Names must match exactly to be checked.
Returns OK or error.
DescriptionPerforms a data design report automatically.
This must be the last step in a script, because it triggers an asynchronously process to make a report. So the plugin will run the menu command, set the options, press the create button and the save button for you.
If you like to run other things later, simply run a script 5 seconds later with FM.RunScriptLater.
FileMaker and the dialogs may need to be frontmost to have this work well.
You may want to call Process.SetFrontMost to make sure FileMaker is front.
May not work if debugger window is visible.
See also FM.RunSaveAsXML for FileMaker 18 or newer.
Needs accessibility permissions in system preferences to click save button for MacOS Catalina and may not set path there.
Fixed directory path passing for macOS in plugin version 10.4. If path contains a file name, we pass that to the save dialog and if possible don't show the dialog at all.
This function requires a native path. Use Path.FileMakerPathToNativePath to convert a FileMaker path to a native path if required. If you like to have the user choose the path, you can use FileDialog functions.
Make a XML report to temp folder on Mac:
Export to desktop:
- Version 10.4
- Version 10.1
- Fixed issue with FM.RunDatabaseDesignReport to work in MacOS Catalina. Needs accessibility permissions in system preferences to click save button.
- Version 9.4
- Added fileNames parameter for FM.RunDatabaseDesignReport on MacOS.
- Version 9.2
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 10.4pr8
- Split XML for DDR into files for GIT
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 10.1pr3
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 9.4pr2
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 9.2pr6
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 7.6pr3
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 7.4pr1
- Automate creation of Database Design Reports in FileMaker
- MBS FileMaker Plugin 5.0 for OS X/Windows - More than 3000 Functions In One Plugin
- MBS FileMaker Plugin grows to 3000 functions
This function checks for a license.
Created 15th November 2014, last changed 8th February 2023