Mac OS X
Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server (Not) Client Old Guides Examples
New in version: 6.4 6.5 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 8.0 8.1 Statistic
A server-provided identifier for this calendar item.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Server||FileMaker Cloud||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|Events||6.2||Yes||No||Yes, macOS only||No||No|
|EKCalendarItem||The reference to the calendar item: an event or reminder.||$item|
Returns ID or error.
DescriptionA server-provided identifier for this calendar item.
This identifier, provided by the server, allows you to reference the same event or reminder across multiple devices. For calendars stored locally on the device, including the birthday calendar, it simply passes through to calendarItemIdentifier.
This identifier is unique as of creation for every calendar item. However, there are some cases where duplicate copies of a calendar item can exist in the same database, including:
- A calendar item was imported from an ICS file into multiple calendars
- An event was created in a calendar shared with the user and the user was also invited to the event
- The user is a delegate of a calendar that also has this event
- A subscribed calendar was added to multiple accounts In such cases, you should choose between calendar items based on other factors, such as the calendar or source.
This identifier is the same for all occurrences of a recurring event. If you wish to differentiate between occurrences, you may want to use the start date.
In addition, there are two caveats for Exchange-based calendars:
- This identifier will be different between EventKit on iOS versus OS X
- This identifier will be different between devices for Reminders
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins