Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Deprecated Guides Examples Videos
New in version: 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Statistic FMM Blog
Initializes the DynaPDF functions in the MBS Plugin.
|DynaPDF||3.0||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|LibraryPath||The native file path to the DynaPDF library file.
Can be empty for default file name with file in same folder as plugin.
|SerialNumber||The DynaPDF serial number. If you don't provide a serial number, you run DynaPDF in demo mode.||$serial||Optional|
DescriptionInitializes the DynaPDF functions in the MBS Plugin.
You need to pass the path to the dynapdf library and the plugin loads it.
The DynaPDF dll/dylib files are included with the plugin archive in the examples folder. Please check our example projects on sample scripts to load and initialize DynaPDF.
If you provide a serial number, the plugin will also register DynaPDF. If you need a serial number, please order one from Monkeybread Software.
Starting with version 4.4, you can pass just the filename of library and the plugin finds it in the Extensions folder or in FileMaker's application folder.
Pro license is required for the following functions:
- DynaPDF.RenderPDFFile and DynaPDF.RenderPDFFileEx
- DynaPDF.SetExtColorSpace, DynaPDF.SetExtFillColorSpace and DynaPDF.SetExtStrokeColorSpace.
Lite is required for:
- AddRenderingIntent and AddRenderingIntentEx
- Create form fields
- DynaPDF.InsertMetafile and DynaPDF.InsertMetafileEx
- DynaPDF.OpenPDFFromFile and DynaPDF.OpenPDFFromContainer
- DynaPDF.SetPDFVersion for PDF/A and PDF/X
And all functions relaying on those functions internally.
For testing you can pass "Lite", "Pro" or "Starter" for the license key. DynaPDF runs in demo mode, but will returners if you use functions which are not covered by the license.
Windows error 193 means that 64-bit FileMaker tried to load 32-bit library or 32-bit FileMaker tried to load 64-bit library. The bit level must match between app and library. For macOS the error message will tell you about wrong architecture.
If you download the library files directly from dynaforms.com website, you can use the libdynapdf.dylib, libdynapdf.so or dynapdf.dll files, too.
For iOS with plugin version 7.3, you can just pass name of the dynapdf.framework or full file path. Please add the dynapdf.framework for the right platform (device vs. simulator) to your iOS SDK application and add it to the frameworks to link to in order to get it added to the app.
Starting version 9.5, the plugin will look into the same folder for the DLL as the plugin resides. And we still look for 32/64 suffixes to DLL name. If no name is provided, we look for dynapdf/dylib/so files.
If you get a crash here on macOS, please check if crash report says Code Signature Invalid. Then you may need to code sign the dylib yourself to match the code signature of your runtime application. The dylib from MBS is normally code signed already and should work as is.
This function requires a native path. Use Path.FileMakerPathToNativePath to convert a FileMaker path to a native path if required. If you like to have the user choose the path, you can use FileDialog functions.
For Server be aware that server has limited permissions and may not be able to access all files on a computer.
Initialize when needed:
Initialize with path for demo:
Initialize with path and serial for real usage:
Initialize on server with dynapdf.dylib in Server folder on Mac:
Initialize on server with dynapdf.dylib in Server folder on Windows:
Initialize with check for server:
Write library to disk from container and initialize:
Register with Startup script for server and client:
Initialize on server with dynapdf.so in Server folder on FileMaker Cloud (Linux):
Initialize in iOS:
Write DynaPDF library to same folder as plugin:
Initialize automatically and look in same folder as plugin for the DLL/dylib/so file:
- Version 10.1
- Changed DynaPDF.Initialize to accept Starter, Lite, Pro and Enterprise texts for demo modes again.
- Version 9.5
- Version 9.2
- Changed DynaPDF.Initialize to load dylib on iOS, too.
- Version 8.5
- Improve DynaPDF.Initialize to better reject invalid license keys.
- Version 8.0
- Changed DynaPDF.Initialize to return expiration error if license key is too old.
- DynaPDF/DynaPDF Highlight Text
- DynaPDF/Extract Text
- DynaPDF/List ColorSpaces
- DynaPDF/List Pages
- DynaPDF/Live Styled Text
- DynaPDF/Merge PDFs to File
- DynaPDF/Merge PDFs
- DynaPDF/Multi Column Output
- DynaPDF/Scan with WIA to PDF
- DynaPDF/System Font Info
- Render pictures from PDF
- DynaPDF for iOS
- DynaPDF 4.0.49 for iOS
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 10.1pr3
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 9.5pr6
- DynaPDF for iOS
- Neues MBS FileMaker Plugin 9.2
- MBS FileMaker Plugin 9.2 - More than 5800 Functions In One Plugin
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 9.2pr1
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 8.5pr6
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 11st January 2021
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS FileMaker Plugins