Components Crossplatform Mac & Win Server Client Old Deprecated Guides Examples Videos
New in version: 9.5 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 11.0 11.1 11.2 Statistic FMM Blog
Detects a barcode.
|Component||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Server||FileMaker iOS SDK|
|Barcode||3.5||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Image||The image to scan for a barcode. Can be container with image or an Image reference number from our GraphicsMagick image functions.||$image|
|type||Which scanner to use. Supported types: Aztec, Codabar, Code39, Code93, Code128, DataMatrix, EAN8, EAN13, ITF, PDF417, QRCode, UPCA and UPCE. Pass All to scan for all types.||"QRCode"|
|ReturnType||A boolean to return the type as prefix. Pass 1 if you need prefix. Default is 0 for no prefix.||1||Optional|
|TryRotation||A boolean value. If 1, the plugin will rotate the image 90° to find vertical barcode. Default is 0.||0||Optional|
|Encoding||The text encoding for text parameter.
Default is native.
Possible encoding names: ANSI, ISO-8859-1, Latin1, Mac, Native, UTF-8, DOS, Hex, Base64 or Windows. More listed in the FAQ.
Returns barcode content text or error.
DescriptionDetects a barcode.
We use zxing library internally and can only detect what this library handles.
Internally all images are converted to grayscale. For you getting image, it's very important to get a sharp image.
You may need to rotate or crop the image before sending into this method.
Leave some white space around as some decoders don't want to start with black frame on the edge. The barcodes generated with Barcode.Generate often don't read as they have too little resolution (e.g. scale up by 3x) and no white border around (e.g. add 5 pixels).
If special characters or umlauts are not recognized correct, you may have a wrong encoding. Most modern apps use UTF8 for encoding.
For MacOS and iOS, you can also detect barcodes with CoreImage.Detect function, which is faster and can better find a barcode on a picture.
Query a QRCode:
- Version 11.2
- Updated zxing library to get a few newer bug fixes for Barcode.Detect function.
- Version 8.2
- Version 8.0
- Fixed out of bounds problem in Barcode.Detect. And now returns checksum errors properly.
- Combine MBS functions to automate processes in FileMaker
- Live barcode reading for FileMaker on MacOS and iOS
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 8.2pr9
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 8.0pr8
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 6.3pr5
- MBS FileMaker Plugin, version 5.4pr4
- MBS FileMaker Plugin 3.5 for OS X/Windows - More than 2100 Functions In One Plugin
- MBS Filemaker Plugin, version 3.5pr6
Created 18th August 2014, last changed 10th June 2020
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.
MBS Xojo Chart Plugins